homestead - Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 12:51:28 EST

> >Everyone identifies people by color and /or other designations. Look at
> the news.. Look at the laws. Listen to the politicians You cannot escape
> the
> issue.

Bob, it goes beyond identifying. It is the Pollyanna ploy of thinking that
if we all just smile and twinkle a bit, we would find that there really isn't
any problem except in our own mind.

Blacks voted something like 97% or Obama, and the reality is that after years
of hearing the likes of the Rev. Wright tell them that the only reason it was
hard for them to make their mortgages and buy gas was because people like
Bush was eating their lunch, they see Obama as St. George who is going to
slay
the dragon and deliver them from such.

It's not a matter of identifying anyone. It is a matter of recognizing the
expectations of a portion of our population and dealing with it.