homestead - Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 09:15:29 EST

> > I believe that he believes that he and his sister will
> > be taken care of. <sigh> If Rocky is buying into that, we are in real
> > trouble, my friends.I am angry with Obama for misleading decent
> > hardworking black people

Bev, I'm a little dizzy reading the long post. But I find myself nodding in
agreement to most a of it. I've been on this list 13 or 14 years, something
there abouts, and there has always been a steady tatoo of liberal snipes.
The
thing I found annoying was the underlying assumption that anyone honest or
intelligent would, of course, agree with this.

We rigged up an old television and ran a long wire down the ridge where we
could pick up the fuzzy NBC broadcast on election night. Picture was a faded
outline but the audio was pretty good. Just as I as getting ready to detach
the
wire and roll it up, when it was (unsurprisingly) clear that Obama was the
indisputable winner, the person live at the park there in Chicago. She
pushed
the microphone in front of a black woman who was covering her face with her
hands in an emotional outburst and fairly sinking to her knees on the news.
The
question was, "What does this Obama victory mean to you?" The woman answered
with an emotional voice but without hestitation, "It means I don't have to
worry any more how I'm going to put gas in the car or pay the mortgage!"

People really believe that. The campaign ads have said that all the current
economic problems are because of Bush's policies and heavily intimated that
if
you just get rid of Bush (who was going out anyway), then all your economic
problems are over.

It tempted me to go to a gas station owned by an ardent Obama supporter, fill
up, then begin to drive away. Pay for the gas?? Why, Obama is president, we
don't have to pay for gas any more. Hadn't you heard??

The mindless "change the way we are changing the changes", "young people are
so excited", "vote out the incumbent [and vote in a warmed over failed
philosphy from the 60's" people are in for a rude reality check.

By the way, companies today are reported steeper loses, more layoffs, lower
sales, and so the stock market is poised to open still lower today. That's
all
because of Obama's economic policies.

What? You say, he's not even president yet? Today UAW and auto companies
are meeting with, whom?, Bush? No, with Pelosi.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/081106/meltdown_autos.html

James