homestead - Re: [Homestead] NAIS, APHIS Over 50% Preemises registerd in 13 states & Customss / APHIS

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] NAIS, APHIS Over 50% Preemises registerd in 13 states & Customss / APHIS
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 14:52:50 -0400

eureka AT hctc.net wrote:
A botanist friend of mine here has been considering early retirement. He works for APHIS, checking agricultural products as they come through, mostly looking for plant disease, which is his specialty. He used to oversee 14 junior botanists, but *they were all tapped for Homeland Security* so he is trying to do the work of many and is stressed out. I cannot understand why the government wanted that many botanists in Homeland Security. Any ideas?

--Sage

Top of the 'noon to ya, Sage.
I'm sure there are 'legitimate' 'for your safety' reasons. We have to make sure no fungal infections come into the country, and god forbid that non-GMO corn/wheat/rice come in. :P

“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda