homestead - Re: [Homestead] Snow

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Snow
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 23:10:06 -0800

Oh Lordy, Grampa Charlie (TN) loved his poached eggs on biscuits! I remember him having my mother make them, and then make them again cause she couldn't get it right <g>

And, for a change every now and again, he liked soft boiled eggs. He's the only person I've ever seen who could tap around the top of the egg and get the top to come off like a nice little cap. My little sister and I used to watch in total facination!

Of course, having been married to two Italians, ah, it's the Italian equivalent of FU and the left hand smacking the inside of the right elbow replaces the finger <g>

7. Don't go to the Cracker Barrel and substitute toast for the
biscuits. If you do this, everyone will know that you're from
Nebraska. Just eat the biscuits like GOD meant for you to do. And do
not order poached eggs. No one from the south eats eggs poached.

I was in college before I had ever even heard of a poached egg. To this
day, I've never had one.

13. Down here, "Kiss my ass" is a perfectly acceptable way to close
an argument. You can't get more closure than that!

I guess the equivalent would be Up yours or FU or simply the Finger?