homestead - Re: [Homestead] Snow

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Snow
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 13:48:18 -0400

bob ford wrote:
Rules Damn Yankees Should Know of When They Move to (name your
Southern state)

2. Don't laugh at folk's names. Merleen, Bodie, Luther Ray, Tammy,
Mari Beth, Marva, Edna Earl and Inez have been known to whip a man's
ass for less than that.

New South names: Shaquita, Rachellina, Maria, Sarah, Ronde, Jose, and Jacob...lol (Black names, Hispanic names, and Biblical names)

I don't know anyone named Merleen, Luther Ray, Marva, Edna Earl..
Bodie..Bodie Miller..from Idaho maybe?
I have a sister named Tammy, know two other ones, not Southerners..
The only Inez I know lives in NYC..

We were watching West Side Story the other night, and all of a sudden Ron burst out laughing. What's so funny, I asked...
He said can you imagine some guy running in the alleys of a Puerto Rican ghetto calling for Maria and only one girl coming to the window?? LOL. It was pretty funny..

5. Don't call us a bunch of hillbillies. Most of us are better
educated than you and a whole lot nicer to boot! We just talk that
way to piss you off.

I love that one.

7. Don't go to the Cracker Barrel and substitute toast for the
biscuits. If you do this, everyone will know that you're from
Nebraska. Just eat the biscuits like GOD meant for you to do. And do
not order poached eggs. No one from the south eats eggs poached.

I was in college before I had ever even heard of a poached egg. To this day, I've never had one.

13. Down here, "Kiss my ass" is a perfectly acceptable way to close
an argument. You can't get more closure than that!

I guess the equivalent would be Up yours or FU or simply the Finger?

Bev
hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda