homestead - Re: [Homestead] Snow

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Snow
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 09:10:02 -0700 (PDT)

Rules Damn Yankees Should Know of When They Move to (name your Southern state)

1. Don't order a steak at a Waffle House. They serve breakfast 24 hours a
day. Let them cook something they know.

2. Don't laugh at folk's names. Merleen, Bodie, Luther Ray, Tammy, Mari
Beth, Marva, Edna Earl and Inez have been known to whip a man's ass for less
than that.

3. Don't order a bottle of pop or a can of soda; this can lead to a beating.
Down here it's called Coke, even if you want a Pepsi, Sprite or Dr. Pepper.
Got it?

4. Southern women don't fancy the smart mouth Yankees. Just remember, they
all have Big brothers and Bigger daddies.

5. Don't call us a bunch of hillbillies. Most of us are better educated than
you and a whole lot nicer to boot! We just talk that way to piss you off.

6. Yes, we know the humidity is high; just quit your bitching, spend your
money and go home.

7. Don't go to the Cracker Barrel and substitute toast for the biscuits. If
you do this, everyone will know that you're from Nebraska. Just eat the
biscuits like GOD meant for you to do. And do not order poached eggs. No one
from the south eats eggs poached.

8. Don't try to talk with a southern accent if you don't have one or use
regional idioms you can't possibly understand. Nothing makes us madder.

9. Don't be telling everybody how much better it was back home. We're not
going to change to make you happy. So if you don't like it here, Delta is
ready when you are.

10. Our food isn't overcooked; yours is undercooked.

11. Flirting is a southern tradition. It doesn't mean you're going home with
someone later. It doesn't mean the person flirting with you is even
interested. It's all just practice.

12. No, it is not silly to call our parents Daddy and Momma.

13. Down here, "Kiss my ass" is a perfectly acceptable way to close an
argument. You can't get more closure than that!

(...(borrowed by) ...bobf