homestead - Re: [Homestead] Snow

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Snow
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 15:53:27 -0400

Ok, well, then, I guess I trust you...I've just never heard of it, and
never seen a buffet in a WH. I, too, have eaten in them in many states, but never seen the AYCE. Learn something new everyday..

Bev

bob ford wrote:
Bev. I've been eating at WH for almost as many years as they have
been in business. They used to have AYCE, that I guarantee. I think
when it phased out here, 10-12 years ago, the last price was $8.95
(most wh, like any chain, are probably franchise, ).

You paid that price, and then ordered from the menu, you could get
eggs, grits, bacon, sausage, pecan waffles, smothered, covered and
all of that stuff, on the AYCE.

You had to order one thing, at a time , though, after your first
plate, and , then the grill cook would cook your next thing you
ordered. I know waffle house began in GA, but I've eaten in them in
many states; the menus are the same, but not everywhere had the AYCE,
I I have eaten it many times.......bobf

p.s. I'm sure certain menu items were not included, but most of the
typical breakfast items were included

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda