homestead - Re: [Homestead] Upcoming - under Dem/Obama reign - wsj

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Upcoming - under Dem/Obama reign - wsj
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 14:54:41 EDT

In a message dated 10/28/2008 2:28:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
genegerue AT ruralize.com writes:

> Some of the satellite photos were shown on television at the time, and
> Congress
> did have access to the files. Our govt. had and has deals with
> Syria, Iran,
> Pakistan
> and other countries, and making it public knowledge with a certainty
> would
> mean
> the American people just might have demanded we pursue these weapons
> into
> countries we had shaky agreements with.

The American people might well have demanded such. If what you say is
true, then we were deceived even more.

I agree, but the national security argument may hold some water with not
telling us in this
instance. Believe me, I hate this mess and would always want to know all the
facts as to why
we do the things we do. I understand that for myself and all other citizens
to know all the details
might not be in the countries best interest in some limited circumstances.
Remember the fake
CNN reports that we and the Iraqi's were watching about our troop locations
that helped surprise
Saddaam in the first gulf war? Had all 300 million of us known the truth
could we have kept it from
him?

Drew