homestead - Re: [Homestead] Upcoming - under Dem/Obama reign - wsj

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Upcoming - under Dem/Obama reign - wsj
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 11:28:10 -0700

On Oct 28, 2008, at 11:10 AM, DSanner106 AT aol.com wrote:

Some of the satellite photos were shown on television at the time, and
Congress
did have access to the files. Our govt. had and has deals with Syria, Iran,
Pakistan
and other countries, and making it public knowledge with a certainty would
mean
the American people just might have demanded we pursue these weapons into
countries we had shaky agreements with.

The American people might well have demanded such. If what you say is true, then we were deceived even more.

Many did accompany us, Great Britain, Canada, Spain, Turkey etc. etc.

See my reply to Bev on this.

Nope, Iran loved the fighter jets Saddaam flew over there to hide before the
first gulf war, they still use
them. Syria and Pakistan got the benefits this time. Iran had just finished
a long war with Iraq, and as
Iraq was the most powerful country in the region no-one wanted to take them
on. They let us do it
for them. Also, middle eastern leaders use us as the western devil in the
rhetoric that helps keep them
in power, how would it look to their people if they sided with us?

Now, that, I find logical.