homestead - Re: [Homestead] So, what do you think of the Powell endorsement?

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] So, what do you think of the Powell endorsement?
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 16:00:32 -0700 (PDT)

Think of Athens under Pericles -- only citizens and slaves. In our society
old money with a certain cultural attitude can bring about status and power,
that can be in no other way be earned.

The backgrounds of the McCains, the Bushs, the Kennedys, the Roosevelts; the
Rockefellers; are more similar than dis-similar. And, just making money,
just being 'rich' can never, by itself, get you into that club.

Bill Clinton has been struggling mightily, without great result, to join
that club. This is the stuff of which conspiracy theories are woven. The
reality is much less complicated. ...bobford