homestead - Re: [Homestead] So, what do you think of the Powell endorsement?

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] So, what do you think of the Powell endorsement?
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 16:38:20 -0500

I've long admired Powell, but I was deeply disappointed when he
supported the Iraq War with this faked up pix. I firmly believe that
he wanted to believe the evidence, but there was so much other
evidence against WMD that I have a hard time forgiving him that.

Still, I believe he's sincere, loves his country, and knows something
about the military and foreign affairs. I think the idea of Palin as
president scares him as much as it scares me.

Marie