homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fall Happenings

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fall Happenings
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 18:45:04 -0400

> you are strictly taling 'feed corn'? I'm a bit confused. I know very
> little about this subject ....bobford

In our industrial agriculture corn is a "feed" stock for all sorts of
things. It is obviously feed for all Confinement Feeding Operations. Most
of the animal products sold in the US are feed corn is various forms. We
are feed corn in all sorts of things, HFC is in almost everything we eat now
days in addition to all sorts of other corn based ingredients. It is also a
feed stock for ethanol plants.

All this corn is bought and sold as a commodity, a bushel of corn is a
bushel of corn no matter where it is produced, the only important
consideration is the moisture content. GMO corn complicates the issue but
only is corn for human consumption but it is so completely mixed now that
even we humans are eating a lot of GMO corn.

We are truly "children of the corn."

Don Bowen KI6DIU