homestead - Re: [Homestead] when you are away from homestead ?

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] when you are away from homestead ?
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 14:01:27 -0500

We have some friends from a ranch about 3 miles from us who take care of feeding our animals for short trips 1-3 days. Since the birding and river are great attractants we have cultivated some city friends who are willing to vacation at our place when we go on vacation. I have compiled a farm sitting manual that explains everything from how to fix a leak in the irrigation system to knowing when to call the vet, a field guide to all the animals. In our case, living the homesteading life we miss it too much to be away for long. Three days in the city and I'm ready to go home.--Sage

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 11:51:08 -0700 (PDT)