homestead - Re: [Homestead] when you are away from homestead ?

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] when you are away from homestead ?
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 11:44:53 -0700

On Oct 18, 2008, at 11:37 AM, bob ford wrote:

Gene, I won't mention where you live in this post, just in case; but, it is obvious to anyone on the list that you , wife, Don, etc. are all somewhere from home-base. Who watches stuff for you. How is this handled. What about animals, waterpipes, security, fire? I've never really thought about this ....bobford

Just talked to closest neighbor and good buddy. He and his wife will go down and winterize the house, as I have decided to not go back for the vote but have instead faxed a request for absentee ballot, confirmed it was received, and my ballot is in the mail.

Jeff and I have looked out for each other for years.

I have had only one theft. The thief was a man I tried to help. He turned out to be a common crook. He stole most of my tools. He died and I shed not one tear.