homestead - Re: [Homestead] Black Walnuts

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Black Walnuts
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 16:53:29 -0700

On Oct 14, 2008, at 4:07 PM, EarthNSky wrote:

So, for all of you who are still under 40,
plant trees now.

I once read the story about a huge hall at an old and large school in England. The headmaster called in the school forester and pointed out the decaying beams and asked what could be done. The forester replied that he had wondered when the trees would be requested; they had been planted by a previous forester a couple hundred years earlier.

Yes, plant trees. It is one of the least selfish things we can do.