homestead - Re: [Homestead] Black Walnuts

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Black Walnuts
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 10:18:27 EDT

> >And you can make a lot of chessboards!
> One of the first gifts DH ever made for me was an ash and walnut chessboard.

I made a chess table using ash and walnut. I'd previously made one with hard
rock maple and walnut but the maple darkened too much.

Your comment joggled my memories. In my missspent youth I was quite the
chess devotee. I had one of the most profound epiphanies at a chess
tournament
and never played again.

"Tis all a chequered board of nights and days
Where destiny with men for pieces plays
And moves and checks and mates and slays
And one by one back in the closet lays."

(From the Rubaiyyat)<BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>New MapQuest Local shows
what's happening
at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News &amp; more. Try it out
(http://local.mapquest.com/?ncid=emlcntnew00000002)</HTML>