homestead - Re: [Homestead] Alaskan Independence and Palin

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Alaskan Independence and Palin
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 19:27:51 -0800

Scare tactics, pure and simple (said in best Lord Love A Duck voice <g>). They don't talk about the fact that it is a political party that has qualified their candidates on the ballots of several states. That would sound benign. Let's use the word "separationists" and do the wink, wink, and then mention Idaho in the same sentence. @@ Give me a break!

And, **Jumping up and down and waving hand** yes, you betcha, that would be us.
We have two options that are always going. One, just plain leave the Union
and Two, us folks up here want our own state, the State of Jefferson. In
fact, there are petitions going again <g>

And, at one time there was a movement to have CA, NV, ID, OR, WA and Alaska
all leave together and become their own country! Wow, if we did that and
the South were to rise again, there wouldn't be much of the U.S. left <g>

Y'all explain to me what the deal is with her membership and the AIP?
Are they on the terror list or something? ;)
I looked at a few websites, and I was like, so?? what is the big deal?
Those people just want a choice, and in the meantime, less government,
which is IMO, a good thing. I don't think anyone really believes they
would choose to leave the United States, and besides, we all know what
would happen if they tried. I mean, can you imagine?? We would invade
Alaska for the oil!! It would be the Second Civil War! But I would bet
that if that were the case, those moosehunters would have an advantage!

But seriously, what is the problem? I realize that some say they are
secessionist, but that is only one option of 4. I think they just want
a choice. In the meantime, they are a state, the people are citizens,
the territory and it's resources belong to the United States.
Doesn't California and Texas have something similar? I think Hawaii
does, too. Enlighten me.

Bev

--
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from
the government and I'm here to help.'" Ronald Reagan