homestead - Re: [Homestead] McCain's planes (long)

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] McCain's planes (long)
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 20:12:52 -0500

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 7:58 PM, Lynda <lurine AT softcom.net> wrote:
> Of course you see that at Obama campaigns. He trained with Alinsky or
> however the heck you spell his name.

I'm surprised at you Lynda. As a woman who always does her homework, I
would have thought you'd have checked to be sure. But, it's a simple
name to spell and you got it right.

> A connection that links him to Ayers and ACORN and Davis and al-Mansour and
> so forth and so on that folks have choosen to ignore.

If you're going to go by degrees of connection, I'm not far from Bill
Ayers myself. When I lived in Chicago, I was good friends with a woman
whose husband was a first cousin of Mr. Ayers. I found this out when
Ayers came back to town, and she made some comment about it. I gather
since that time he's become something of a bigwig in education reform,
so I'm sure many politicians know him personally and have sat on
boards with him.

But as long as we're talking about associations, what about Sarah
Palin's long association with members of the Alaska Independence
Party? I can only imagine how you'd be howling if Michelle Obama had
once been a member of the Black Panthers. And you do know that this
spring she recorded a speech for their party convention, don't you?

Marie