homestead - Re: [Homestead] McCain's planes (long)

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] McCain's planes (long)
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 20:29:00 -0500

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 8:20 PM, bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com> wrote:
> Marie, I know you support Obama, but defending ACORN ? They are worse than
> the Daley machine. If elected, Obama's credibility will be more seriously
> diminshed by the activities of ACORN than by any source. They flood
> election offices with registrations, hoping they don't haver time or
> manpower to weed the good from bad. Flagging, you don't seriously believe
> that?

Why don't we wait to see how the charges against Acorn pan out this
time? One of the reasons that David Iglasias was fired was that after
carefully investigating all the charges (about a hundred) that were
brought at the time of the last election in his district, he found
none had merit and he declined to prosecute any of them. I suspect the
same thing is going on now, but Bush was more careful about the US
attorneys he put in place.

Marie