homestead - Re: [Homestead] Draft Horses

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Draft Horses
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 14:03:55 -0400

Lynda wrote:
Donkeys have a mind of their own and a sense of humor. Yes, a sense of humor and find humans entertaining.

My best friend has a donkey, Jack. Jack is old and pretty much has the run of her place. They are building a huge barn on their property and have been trying to keep Jack away, for his own safety mostly. If he goes into the barn area(it now has a roof but no enclosed sides) they shoo him out or scare him out. Apparently Jack took offense to being run out of what he thinks is his new barn. He backed up to a board that contained a circular saw...the saw was 2 feet off the ground on a 2x10..and pooped directly on the saw. The way the board/saw was, he had to back in there, multiple steps, to do the deed. There is no way he could have gone in there and turned around. It was a calculated act.
So yeah, they do have a sense of humor.

Bev
--
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" Ronald Reagan