homestead - Re: [Homestead] Draft Horses

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Draft Horses
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 21:00:25 EDT

> >You say you plow with one Belgian. Can he plow in heavy sod?

Yes, he (Himself) alone pulled the big Cincinnati 10" plow when we turned in
the heavy fecsue sod. We only had to do that once. Since then we've used
the 6" Vulcan plow and he makes two full circuits around the field before he
has
to blow.

By the bye, go for the smaller plows. We could have used that on the sod the
first time if we'd made more than one pass.

"Six by nine, straight as a line
Eleven miles per acre
One acre for each horse each day
Is their full fill of labor."
<BR><BR>**************<BR>New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your
destination.
Dining, Movies, Events, News &amp; more. Try it out
(http://local.mapquest.com/?ncid=emlcntnew00000002)</HTML>