homestead - Re: [Homestead] Draft Horses

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Draft Horses
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 10:18:33 -0800

Well, there you go, James. Most Arabs take on the personality of their owners <g>

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com>

When I said any horse, I of course didn't mean Arabians. They are f'ing
crazy. I don't allow animals on the place that are crazier than I am. Although
having said that, I do know of people who train Arabians to harness.

Mares are good and geldings are good but until you have a lot of horse savvy,
I would't get a stallion. They are crazy too. By the time you get that deep
into horses, you will be just as crazy as the stallion and then it will be OK.