homestead - Re: [Homestead] Plant life ethics --for real

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Plant life ethics --for real
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:01:38 -0800

We have about 30 some hummers that live here. They come up to the window and demand refills when their feeders are empty. DH snaps his fingers and they come "running" when he goes out in the morning. We have a couple that over winter here.

Well, would you rather sit on a metal stool or a wooden one? ;)
I'd agree, it was probably the hardness and temp changes of the metal.
The cellulose of the rattan made it 'familiar'.

Hummingbirds come right up to us, within inches, as they have no fear of
something so slow.