homestead - Re: [Homestead] Plant life ethics --for real

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Plant life ethics --for real
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 13:15:43 -0400

Well, would you rather sit on a metal stool or a wooden one? ;)
I'd agree, it was probably the hardness and temp changes of the metal. The cellulose of the rattan made it 'familiar'.

Hummingbirds come right up to us, within inches, as they have no fear of something so slow.

eureka AT hctc.net wrote:
Bev, just think how slow we must appear to hummingbirds. Plants do move, they just (usually) move very slowly.

Where I lived in the city there was one family on the block that was always fighting, throwing their furniture out on the lawn, breaking windows, husband hitting wife, children being removed by protective services, etc. Over the eleven years I lived there I noticed all their trees began growing, leaning away from their house.

I had a vine in my kitchen window that I tried to train around a looped coat hanger, but every day it would unwind itself and move away from the coat hanger and the light (!) I thought it might not like the temperature changes in the metal. Finally I got some rattan and it stayed.

--Sage