homestead - Re: [Homestead] Christian faith

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Christian faith
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 15:29:10 -0700 (PDT)

The way I deal with intolerance is to be tolerant of them. I smile, shake
their hands, listen respectfully, and then go about my business. I can
ignore their pronouncements without mocking them. And later, when some find
out what I'm really about, the just wonder how such a nice polite man could
be headed so fast toward H*ll.

Over the years, I've done a lot of business with people from three types of
organized religion. Jews, Christians, and Mormons (Mormons are Christians,
but there is a cultural as well as theoligical difference). The finest
people I have ever met have been among those groups; and, the biggest cheats
and theives have been among those three groups.

I haven't had the opportunity, or I'm sure I would have done business with
Muslim, Bhuddists, etc. A lot of people are like me; thinking that biology
is the real control in our lives .

I just live my life and let other people live theirs. I don't disrespect
them. It is hot in Phoenix, I even offer Jehovah's Witnesses cold water when
they come by in the summertime (if I'm dressed presentably enough to open the
door). I'll bet some of the people in that church are nice, and some aren't.
'just like any other group of people.....bobford