homestead - Re: [Homestead] Christian faith

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Christian faith
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 19:14:29 -0400

> Lynn, many times on this list I have read your statements about "Christians
> trying to wipe out anyone who isn't Christian".

Lynn can defend herself, but I've never read that in her posts. And I
do agree that Christians are called to be the peacemakers. I also see
that many self-named "Bible believing" Christian groups are intolerant
of other Christian groups and non-Christians. Christian Zionists (many
fundamental groups) are lobbying congress to support Israel, even if
it is the aggressor. (You may not know that some of your tithe money
is going for that cause).

Like James wrote, I think that she was referring to a longer view of history.

Now, I'm a Christian and agree with you that we are called to be the
peacemakers, Johnny. I think that however much good we do, as a group
we miss our calling a lot of the time. I think that for
fundamentalists, the thought is to convert anyone that is not
Christian and this at times can be viewed as wiping them out.

Sometimes in history, the Christian church has just opted to "wipe them out"

Rob - Va