homestead - Re: [Homestead] Christian faith

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Christian faith
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 14:44:01 -0400

> Lynn, many times on this list I have read your statements about
> "Christians trying to wipe out anyone who isn't Christian". I believe your
> are off base with you views.

Christianity has a very bloody history of doing its best to wipe out any
competition. Any other view is the typical head in the sand view fostered
by those who want to sell Christianity. It is very easy to find examples
even to modern times. It is a religion of almost complete intolerance to
any views that do not fit its individual mythologies.

Many examples are out there, the treatment of the Native Americans is a but
one. The complete destruction of the Chamarrow culture is another. As I
said it is easy to go on and on. Even some modern do good examples are
bookended by examples of complete intolerance.

Don Bowen KI6DIU