homestead - Re: [Homestead] Christian faith

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Christian faith
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 15:55:57 -0500

On Oct 9, 2008, at 2:43 PM, rayzentz AT aim.com wrote:

Blame me for mistakes I
make, but don't hold me reponsible for those of my ancestors.

I am way past that, Ray. I not only do not blame you or any other Christians for the awful things done by those calling themselves Christians in the past, but the awful things being done today by those calling themselves Christians. As I noted a couple days ago, I respect those living by the teachings of Christ.

As long as they keep their beliefs private. When they inflict them on others I lose my respect.

I am beyond revulsion toward so-called right-to-life Christians who support unnecessary war, including the barbarous Iraq Invasion. George W. Bush has, I suspect, killed more innocents in a few years than all the abortions in the world will kill in decades.