homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tool to assist field dressing deer

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tool to assist field dressing deer
  • Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 15:41:21 -0400

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

Not killing the deer is the basest and vilest of insults to its
existence. I live in a big forest and the place is thick with deer.
This is, odd with the drought, a good mast year and so they are, as
is their wont, multiplying profusely. When a poor year comes they
starve. You find lots of them in the woods dead of famine and
wasting disease.

We coexist with deer and perform our function by eating
them.

Right you are. However, mast years mean I have to hike up to the ridge to hunt. Other years, I can sit and wait for them to walk right up to the pasture.

--
"What Luck for Rulers that Men do not Think" Adolf Hitler
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net