homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tool to assist field dressing deer

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tool to assist field dressing deer
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 12:01:16 -0700 (PDT)

Lisa, Make sure your family likes venison before you start counting on it for
family meat. I was deer hunting before I was old enough to start little
league; but deer meat isn't for everyone, unless a person knows how to treat
the meat. I don't prefer strong gamey meat, so unless I'm back home where
one of my brothers has a method of removing the gaminess, I pass on vension.
Most people seem to like the gamey flavor and so don't treat the meat.

I would not use that tool on any animal, unless the animal was from Wall
street, in NYC; then I might consider dressing it alive . .........bobford