homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tool to assist field dressing deer

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tool to assist field dressing deer
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 15:35:14 EDT

> >My heart is not necessarily into killing and dressing a deer, but darn it,
> I'm tired of being a hypocrite who occasionally eats meat but is too
> squeamish to kill.

Not killing the deer is the basest and vilest of insults to its existence.
I live in a big forest and the place is thick with deer. This is, odd with
the drought, a good mast year and so they are, as is their wont, multiplying
profusely. When a poor year comes they starve. You find lots of them in
the
woods dead of famine and wasting disease.

We coexist with deer and perform our function by eating
New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining,
Movies,
Events, News &amp; more. Try it out
(http://local.mapquest.com/?ncid=emlcntnew00000002)</HTML>