homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tool to assist field dressing deer

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tool to assist field dressing deer
  • Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 13:23:31 -0400

When we first moved here, there were about 4 doe days(on the weekends) in the season(circa mid october-new years_. Now, every day is doe day and the limit is 12. Good for me!

Bev

Marie McHarry wrote:
With all our cornfields, they have plenty of food! Last year we had a
doe season on one weekend. I'm hoping that the does can be open
throughout the season this year. Fortunately, in this case the guys
making the rules are driving the same roads as the rest of us are.
Last night on the way home, I saw a dozen deer, one a huge buck with
only 3 point antlers.

Marie