homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homestead Dog

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homestead Dog
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 20:19:52 -0500

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 1:25 PM, bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com> wrote:
> One of my brothers has a (approx. 100 lb) Pit bull, that, though old, still
> acts like a loveable puppy. My brother says it is the worst watch dog ,
> ever.
> I have seen it jump in my brother's lap in the Lazboy, not realizing its
> size.

The very first rule of having a large breed puppy is to never let it
do anything when it weighs 20 lbs that you don't want it to do when it
weighs 100, or more, pounds. This has worked well for me.

Another advantage of getting large breed dogs as puppies is that they
never forget that you're bigger than they are, even when you're not.

Marie, who has two Anatolians in addition to the border collies