homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homestead Dog

  • From: rayzentz AT aim.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homestead Dog
  • Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 14:01:10 -0400

Loki's sire weighed over 220 pounds. Biggest dog I have EVER seen. I know there are bigger breeds, but he topped the list I have ever come in contact with myself. Her dam was more "normal", only 140. Loki died before full growth, but we were anticipating between 170-180.

Great Intimidation factor... ;-)

She was as gentle as could be around our , and other, kids, though.

She even befriended a little stray kitten we brought home. It was right out of the cartoons..., you know, the big bulldog that let the little kitten sleep on him, and dig her claws in.

Good memories...

Ray