homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homestead Dog

  • From: rayzentz AT aim.com
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homestead Dog
  • Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 15:49:55 -0400

On this, we agree. My wife and I took a great amount of time with Loki, from a very young pup, to make sure she was completely drop leash and voice command trained. we spent many hours with her. We knew that it was required with her, since people are naturlly afriad of big rotts. We were responsible owners, and knew what we were getting into.

Most people have not the inclination, and definately do not spend the time.

Ray

If someone wants a working dog that will also be protective and that someone has
never had a big, potentially agressive, dog. I wouldn't start with a rottie.
Dogs live a very long time, and deserve owners who can
handle their both their strengths and and their weaknesses (liabilities)
...bobford