homestead - Re: [Homestead] Wrong admission

  • From: Akka Homestead <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Wrong admission
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:36:31 -0700 (PDT)

Ray, you, Lynn, and James are all right, AFAIAC.
The only thing I would add is that in addition to 'children have no
consequences and parents enable" I would say that there is an atmosphere that
'if you can get away with it, it's okay", that goes for cheating in school,
breaking the law(vandalizing, underage drinking, speeding, street racing and
such), and it is all overlooked by parents who grew up and said, "I did
worse"  I call that liberal child rearing.  Anything goes.  Those kids are
now the greedy SOB's who work on Wall Street-short selling what they don't
have, who live above their means off their credit cards and default on loans
because there is no real consequence anymore, and who are ruining not only
our economy, but the morality of our country.  They are the million dollar
millionaires, and what is crazy is that most of the poverty class wants to be
just like them.
I said it a week or so ago, but maybe this crisis will create a paradigm
shift in ethics and morality.    I doubt it will happen, but it is my hope.
Part of me says no bailout...we should just take our lumps, but I am in a
position to ride it out better than most as I have good credit, low debt,
land, skills, etc.  It almost feels mean to say that because I know that if
there is no bailout, so many, especially those in cities, will suffer more
than they already are.

Akka B, who heard that down in Atlanta, they are allowing electric golf carts
on the road in some places.