homestead - Re: [Homestead] Wrong admission

  • From: rayzentz AT aim.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Wrong admission
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 12:52:18 -0400

It's partly because we have lost the effect of "Shame". And we, the people, allowed it to happen. It starts in school, or at home with young children, who are protected from natural consequences by parents. This is then exacerbated by teachers, who are not "allowed" to apply natural consequences, and the child never learns.

A bit simplistic, but still true...

Incidentally, this began in MY generation, caused by my parents generation, in the "free love" era.

Nothing's free, and now, quoting a famous (undeservedly) pastor, "the chickens are coming home to roost".

Ray