homestead - Re: [Homestead] Wrong admission

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Wrong admission
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:33:31 -0700 (PDT)

Andrew Cuomo and Fannie and Freddie: How the youngest Housing and Urban
Development secretary in history gave birth to the mortgage crisis,

Excerpt:
(Cuomo) "took actions that-in combination with many other factors-helped
plunge Fannie and Freddie into the subprime markets without putting in place
the means to monitor their increasingly risky investments. He turned the
Federal Housing Administration mortgage program into a sweetheart lender with
sky-high loan ceilings and no money down, and he legalized what a federal
judge has branded 'kickbacks' to brokers that have fueled the sale of
overpriced and unsupportable loans. Three to four million families are now
facing foreclosure, and Cuomo is one of the reasons why."

http://www.villagevoice.com/2008-08-05/news/how-andrew-cuomo-gave-birth-to-the-crisis-at-fannie-mae-and-freddie-mac/1