homestead - Re: [Homestead] Wrong admission

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Wrong admission
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:30:28 -0800

But Ray, that is what the government wanted. The public school promote it. Television promotes it. The credit card companies promoted it by handing out cards to people that couldn't even prove they had an income. Hell's bells, they even issued credit cards to dead people and to people's pets!

Then you have ACORN and the rest of what I call the whining brigade that sued the bejeebers out of mortgage companies and forced them to issue mortgages to folks who wouldn't have traditionally been able to get them. All in the name of "non-discrimination," doncha know.

There's more than enough blame to go around.

However, when a government actively promotes a nanny state, they shouldn't be surprised when what they promoted comes back to bite them.

Besides, silly, it isn't PC and it's discriminatory to have a Darwin's law <g>

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <rayzentz AT aim.com>

There is one group of people who are being strangely left out of this
blame game, and in my opinion, should not be. That would be people
who insist on purchasing things they cannot afford, and then not having
the integrity to meet their debts. Yes, the bankers should not have
given loan, yes, perhaps regulation could have improved things.
However, it still boils down to too many people spending way beyond
their means, and then expecting someone to rescue them from their own
stupidity.

I don't get it. What ever happened to Darwins law. I thought
enlightened people believed in that.