homestead - Re: [Homestead] Wrong admission

  • From: Akka Homestead <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Wrong admission
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 12:11:24 -0700 (PDT)

Here's a story that makes my point:
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/worklife/09/24/lw.working.on.the.job/index.html
If you can get away with it...

Akka B

From: Akka Homestead <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>
To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
Date: Wednesday, September 24, 2008, 1:36 PM

Ray, you, Lynn, and James are all right, AFAIAC.
The only thing I would add is that in addition to 'children have no
consequences and parents enable" I would say that there is an atmosphere
that 'if you can get away with it, it's okay", that goes for
cheating in school, breaking the law(vandalizing, underage drinking, speeding,
street racing and such), and it is all overlooked by parents who grew up and
said, "I did worse"  I call that liberal child rearing.  Anything
goes.  Those kids are now the greedy SOB's who work on Wall Street-short
selling what they don't have, who live above their means off their credit
cards and default on loans because there is no real consequence anymore, and
who
are ruining not only our economy, but the morality of our country.  They are
the million dollar millionaires, and what is crazy is that most of the poverty
class wants to be just like them.