homestead - Re: [Homestead] Republicans appear to be yesterday

  • From: Akka Homestead <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Republicans appear to be yesterday
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 17:46:21 -0700 (PDT)

bob ford wrote:
> Akka, you are well educated and know what is going on.  What are you
> going to do when you need a new drivers license, passport, get a new
> credit card, buy a new car?  Do you (we all) just accept that the
> idea of freedom and privacy is passe?  bobf

Not passe, but in many ways, I have no control.  I have a very unusual
last name-there are only like two families in the US.  At least it is
hard to spell, and maybe I am in the database as 50 different people
under 50 different spellings and carnivore hasn't linked it
yet....wishful thinking, I know.  The least I can do is to try not to
give them anything they don't work for.
My license is good for 15 years.  Probably the next time I need to renew
I won't be able to see to drive-going blind here-so I may not renew.
But they have my fingerprints..
I've never had a passport and while I dreamed of going to Finland one
day, I suppose financially, that is a pipe dream that is up in smoke and
gone with the wind.  I don't see myself getting a passport in the
future.  I have enough credit, two cards total, one solely my name and
one joint card.  One is paid off and the other will be soon.  After
that, I hope I never need any more credit.  Our vehicles are 14 and 16
years old, but I hope that the next vehicle will be a cash purchase.
I'm not a flashy person, and with the exception of this list, I keep to
myself.  I am more open with you all than I am with even family and
neighbors.  I have already moved to the country, have started my
homestead, and try to reduce my dependence on utilities and I remind
myself that I have to still make changes and not relax in preparations.

I don't have a cell phone or any kind of GPS device...not gonna let them
track me. It would be pretty useless after a few days anyway.  I resist
using my social security number.  I don't use those little scan cards
that all the stores want you to use. I have a bazillion number codes and
passwords that I change frequently.  I do other stuff that I won't write
about, just to be prepared, you know?  I might not have all my assets in
one place, and I may have some 'untraditional' assets. :)

If the sheeples are running to jump off the cliff, I'm generally the
eccentric holdout, you know, the one who "hasn't joined the 21st
century".  I'd have no clue as to how to use a blackberry, send a text
message, download music to an ipod, or play a wii with someone online.
VOIP?  I know what it stands for and what it is, but I've never used it.
 I'm archaic and I like it that way. :)  The less I can disconnect, the
better.

While I still have some freedom, I have to protect myself as best as I
can.  And since we have been talking about elections and politics, I am
a Libertarian because they emphasize personal responsibility and less
government.  Gene was right that the leadership in the LP has been a bit
kooky, but at least I can be pretty sure that the kooks aren't part of
the master plan, and that those kooks are aware that the THEY of the
Illuminati, the Bilderbergers, and other secret groups actually exist
and are a threat to the ideals upon which this country was founded.

Akka