homestead - Re: [Homestead] Republicans appear to be yesterday

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Republicans appear to be yesterday
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 18:14:34 EDT

>> Yes, we elect Obama or we elect McCain. McCain & Co are the oil boys.

So I've heard. Repeatedly. Under the principle, I suppose, that if we just
keep repeating something it will, if not take on an air of truth, it will at
least cease to be questioned.

McCain is joined at the hip with Bush and the Oil Boyz.

Yet when I look for concrete evidence of this, I have a bit of trouble
confirming it.

The figure is bandied about that McCain "voted with" Bush 90% of the time.
I'm not sure how you determine what "voting with" is, but on the bills that
Bush endorsed, it turns out McCain voted about 45% of the time on the bills
Bush
is stated as favoring and Obama voted about 40% of the time (if you simply
discount the times either failed to vote altogether).

That glued at the hip connection isn't t here.

There are plenty of fine reasons for not voting for McCain, but the 'four
more years' is basically a fabrication. An effective one, one that is often
repeated and much accepted, but a fabrication none the less. </HTML>