homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fannie/Freddie bailout question

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fannie/Freddie bailout question
  • Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 09:38:31 -0700 (PDT)

Rob, When you wrote :  "

"   "They" are trying to stall things, maybe things will be better later,
maybe someone else will be blamed for it when the vigilantes have the
ropes and are looking for someone to string up. Maybe someone can
come up with a fix? Maybe there is more money to be made before the end?

It's too big a tiger we are riding to let go now, going to have to
continue to hold on.  That's what's happening with bailout, we are
'holding on' because if we let go now the tiger eats us."

That part, I understand .   I especially like the tiger metaphor ( Buck Owens
wrote a song....).  But, in our society, we no longer "look for someone to
string up".
Remember Michael Milken, that SOB destroyed tens of thousands of lives, cost
thousands their homes, retirements, etc.  He did a year and a half in one of
the easiest Club Feds in the country, and was allowed to keep his money , he
is now a billionaire "philanthropist" (one of the richest men in the
country).  If he had been a middle or working class guy growing a few
marijuana plants, he would have been stripped of his home & other assets
(RICO) and done hard time in a hellish prison.

One day Milken"s children and the children of his friends will be writing the
laws and interpreting the Constitution ( just as 'his" friends are doing that
today ).
We no longer reward hard work and  thrift .   If I had young children, I
would not teach them the morality that I was taught.  This culture celebrates
plunder and avarice.  For the young, that is what should be the new
curriculae.......bobford