homestead - Re: [Homestead] The answer, my friend, may not be blowing in the wind.

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The answer, my friend, may not be blowing in the wind.
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 18:10:47 -0700 (PDT)

Do you really believe we still have choices--about anything on a macro level?
On a personal level, I might agree that I have a choice whether or not to
slap, or, instead, be kind to the wife ; or to properly vaccinate the stupid
dog, the cat, and the girlfiend. But I don't believe I have a choice about
the future of my community , state, country, or world.

Some believe voting for one political party over another of the same type of
vain men and women with the same petty and base aspirations will some how
illuminate their choices. I have yet to see a light shine behind my requests
of personal freedoms, and I'm too old and tired to try to fight.

I am taxed , zoned , lawed, litigated, and otherwise restricted by so many
groups of well wishers that I just laugh when I hear the silly song carrying
the line "let freedom ring".

Hell, I should just start smoking again.....bobford the grouch