homestead - Re: [Homestead] The answer, my friend, may not be blowing in the wind.

  • From: tom <tom AT honeychrome.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The answer, my friend, may not be blowing in the wind.
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 22:01:29 -0400

On Aug 15, 2008, at 9:10 PM, Don Bowen KI6DIU wrote:

Yes there is. We slide down the energy curve, use less, less growth, lower
population levels, just plain less. There is no magic elixir, no god to
suddenly make it all better, we made this mess and we have to live through
it. We make the hard choices now or they will be made for us without any
control or direction in 20, 30, 40 years from now.

Amen. Well, except for the fact that there is plenty of room for 'more' in terms of thinking, interacting with friends, family and neighbors, observing, being, living! But you concisely render the point at the heart of my response to what seemed to me somewhat uncritical support for industrial wind development (or at least ridicule of those opposed to it, however dubious their 'medical' claims might seem).