homestead - Re: [Homestead] The answer, my friend, may not be blowing in the wind.

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The answer, my friend, may not be blowing in the wind.
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 19:44:50 -0500

On Aug 15, 2008, at 8:46 AM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

So the real key here is not replacing oil with wind generated hydrogen gas,
but rather driving so little that said gas would meet our transportation needs.
If we did that, limited ourselves to that little driving, we woudln't need
the wind generators in the first place.

If every American agreed to this premise it would not happen. Almost everybody would drive more than they agreed was sustainable. So that leaves rationing or government mandate. Who among us would vote yes to having that heavy hand steering our lives?

So what will happen is that the various alternative energy systems will do what can be done with them and the price of oil will continue to rise and those who can afford it will still use all they want and the rest will do what makes sense, conserving any way they can that is demanded by their budget.