homestead - Re: [Homestead] The answer, my friend, may not be blowing in the wind.

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The answer, my friend, may not be blowing in the wind.
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 06:44:54 -0500

On Aug 15, 2008, at 6:26 AM, tom wrote:

The industrial wind development debate is one that has seriously
damaged some communities near us, and there is much more to it than
the easy to dismiss issue of NIMBYism. How could anyone reasonably
object to harnessing a 'clean,' renewable energy source like wind?
Seems like a no-brainer... until you look into the details. In my
part of the country many of these proposed industrial-scale
developments are a scam to grab generous subsidy money, with payouts
formulated on calculations of 'potential' energy generation based on
ideal (ie. nonexistent) conditions, the maximum output specs of the
turbine and regional wind densities rather than site-specific ones.

Welcome to the Homestead List, Tom. You write a lot of words but they are good words. What is your location? Please give us the url to go look at the stats on a couple of these bad wind farm developments?