homestead - Re: [Homestead] Very fast climate change

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Very fast climate change
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:42:01 -0500

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 9:22 PM, Roy Morgan <k1lky AT earthlink.net> wrote:

> Has anyone suggested what sort of time it might take to make this
> shift?
> A day, a decade, A millennium?

Nobody really has a clue. Most of southern Illinois -- starting about
where I am now -- was once covered by a shallow sea. When will it
return? Nobody knows, or if they do they aren't telling so as not to
depress real estate values. If the polar ice all melts, it's anybody's
guess. I expect that ocean-front property will suffer.

Marie