homestead - Re: [Homestead] Very fast climate change

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Very fast climate change
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 20:48:43 -0400

And by the way, just in case anyone cares, the whole ice age cycle thing began after India crashed into Asia 40-45 million years ago. The rising Himalayans changed global climate. Ice ages occur in 10000, 19500, 24000 and 43000 year cycles. Mass extinctions occur on 26 to 30 million year cycles, pointing to an astronomical cause. I believe we are almost due for that, too. :)

Bev

EarthNSky wrote:

Well, okay, you caught me exaggerating...<g>, but it can happen pretty quickly, even 2000 years is geologically a blink of the eye.

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky