homestead - Re: [Homestead] Very fast climate change

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Very fast climate change
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 00:08:25 -0400

And I should have added that magnetic reversal wouldn't have much to do with climate change, BUT, shoot..how to explain..
Ok..
Earth is big ball..full of molten rock...it flows...it's chunky..it's probably made up of different stuff and not homogeneous. Think convection currents in the molten...they change slowly, but like a bubble in a mudpot, it eventually bursts, and while it may have taken a while for the bubble to form, it bursts quickly...so the currents are flowing, and the polarity changes on the face of the planet. Gravity is weaker or stronger in places...and then suddenly (or not so suddenly) for whatever reason, north becomes south, positive becomes negative, south becomes north, or however you want to look at it... It's just a change in polarity, but I suppose it is possible that the new currents could awaken volcanism in dormant areas...just a guess...and that would eventually affect climate...but I think that would be a very slow process..
Gotta hit the sack, but I love stuff like this!

Bev

EarthNSky wrote:
I wish I had more time...google Jaramillo Event...that should get you started..
Realize, too, that crustal displacement flipping and magnetic flipping are two very different things..we are due for a magnetic flip.

Bev

Bunjov AT aol.com wrote:
I want to know about the 'flipping' of the magnetic poles.
Sandy
Mid-Mojave

**************Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars. (http://autos.aol.com/used?ncid=aolaut00050000000007)